Ty Mawr is the hub of your cabin stay with us at Under Starry Skies.
Ty Mawr is the communal building for Hafan and Derwen cabins. We built it between 2020 and 2023, being mindful that we need to be kind to the planet and to be sustainable.
Your stay with us will have minimal impact on the environment.
Inside Ty Mawr is a large living area with fully equipped kitchen, a dining area and a cosy place to relax in front of a cosy wood burner after a day of exploring!
Much of the furniture has been hand made by us with timber from our land.
Outside, the deck is surrounded by nature, perfect for watching the sunset with a glass in hand, or head to the fire pit for evening star gazing and marshmallow toasting.
There are two luxurious shower rooms with rainfall heads and plentiful piping hot water. The toilets are twinned with Toilet Twinning who fund global community projects helping families to build their own basic toilet, access clean water and learn about hygiene – a vital combination that saves lives.
There’s a small honesty shop where you can buy Bydafau honey from Llwynbwch’s hives, along with seasonal chutneys and jams when available.
Ty Mawr provides a wonderful place to relax, cook and maybe meet new friends in the other guests.
Essentials/ what’s included at Ty Mawr
• wifi, games, books, Bluetooth speaker, mains plugs for device charging
• kitchen: oven/ hob, shared fridge, shared freezer, tea towels, earth friendly washing up liquid etc, tea & coffee provided
• bathrooms: hot showers, basins & composting loos, all towels supplied, along with earth friendly shower gel & Who gives a Crap toilet paper!
• small honesty shop with Bydafau honey (from our hives here at Llwynbwch), seasonal jams, chutneys etc
• all wood for firepit and woodburners supplied
• 7KW ev charging available on site, charged at providers rates
• electricity from Octopus Energy, British renewable energy group specialising in sustainable energy.