In accordance with information and advice from Welsh government and our marketing partners Canopy & Stars and Airbnb, we have put in place a number of measures to ensure the safety of all our guests in response to Covid-19.
We have been approved with the ‘Good to go’ Industry Standard Mark from Visit Wales.
Our risk assessments have been updated and can be seen upon request.
The following measures have been put in place:
1. Llwynbwch Barn, Hafan and Derwen cabins are now self check-in and check-out. Keys will be available to collect from lock-boxes. Whilst we’ve always enjoyed meeting our guests on arrival and showing them their accommodation, we will now ask you to let yourselves in. Should you need anything at all, please either contact us by phone, or come and say hello (from a distance!), we live in the farmhouse in the yard adjoining all accommodation.
2. We are limited to opening only one cabin at any one time, to ensure that cabin guests have sole use of the bathroom. For the time being, each cabin will only open for alternate weekends and will be closed during weekdays.
3. Each accommodation (Llwynbwch Barn, Hafan & Derwen cabins) will be closed for a period of 72 hours after guest departure. During this time we will ventilate and deep clean the spaces. Whilst we’ve traditionally washed bedding and towels on a 30 degree wash for environmental reasons, we will now be washing using a hot wash. We shall be asking all guests if they would prefer to bring their own pillows, pillowcases and towels for use during their stay.
4. We will provide 65% alcohol hand sanitiser in all accommodations, for use during your stay.
5. We will supply cleaning products should you wish to use them during your stay.
6. We will no longer supply tea/coffee/sugar/herbs/spices/condiments/ cooking oils, so please do be sure to bring your own with you for your own use.
7. On departure, please agree to our updated housekeeping rules: please bag up all general waste, recycling and food waste and put them in the designated area. Please also remove all bedding and towels and place them into the laundry basket provided. There will be a copy of this information and other housekeeping on the noticeboard in the kitchen/ communal space.
8. We are asking all our guests to ensure they do not have a temperature, dry/ persistant cough or other symptoms related to Covid-19 before setting off on their holiday. If you have any of these symptoms or feel you may have been exposed to the virus PLEASE DO NOT TRAVEL.
9. We have been advised to keep a record of contact details for each of our guests for track and trace. This will include name/ address/ telephone number/ email address. We will ask you to fill in a form which you’ll find in your accommodation. This information will be kept in accordance with GDPR protocols.
10. In accordance with UK Hospitality guidelines, should you become unwell during your holiday with what you believe may be Covid-19 symptoms, or you are asymptomatic and feel the need to self-isolate according to current government guidance, you are advised to check out and return home. If you have acute symptoms, breathing difficulties or your life is at potential risk, seek medical advice immediately.
Many thanks for your co-operation in helping us keep Under Starry Skies and our local community safe during these unusual times. We shall be keeping this page under constant review, as the situation continues to change.
Lou & Adam